|By ZoeAnna Martinez, Outreach and Services Manager, Lake Street Council
At the Lake Street Council, our goal is to engage, serve, and advocate for the Lake Street corridor, including businesses, residents, and visitors. We do this through programs that support entrepreneurs, beautify the corridor, and build community.
For the past year, we have undertaken a number of community safety initiatives to support our Lake Street business and residential community. This effort has been a collaboration between business leaders, the Minneapolis Police Third Precinct, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office, the City of Minneapolis Attorney’s Office, 9th Ward, and Metro Transit Police.
Through monthly conversations with these stakeholders, our business community has successfully:
- Advocated for additional beat officers in Lake Street Midtown area
- Advocated for shift of nighttime beat officers to better serve our community’s need
- Connected and strengthened our Lake Street business community – in particular our Latino business network
- Provided mini-grants to businesses to improve their nightlight lighting
- Worked with the greater south Minneapolis community on safety initiatives
- Built positive relationships with the Hennepin County Minnesota Judicial Branch and Fourth District Judicial Officers
Learn more about Lake Street Council and our work through this short video.
All are welcome to join us the third Tuesday of every month.
Las Mojarras, 1507 E. Lake Street
6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.